Clearly I'm not so great at posting in a timely manner...
So it’s been a while since my last post. Hmmm so let’s see what’s been going on…
- I’m in FL now on my break until I go back to TN to continue my internship for the summer.
- My 21st birthday is in 2 days. I got a new computer :)
- My parents and I got our US citizenship at the end of April. Wooo.
- Smoky is going to be living w/ my fam in FL now. He is getting along well with my other pets. Here he’s cleaning and intermittently biting my (giant) cat Miguel:
- Andy posted this cover video on my facebook back while I was still in TN. And Alicia and I kinda became obsessed. And I kinda still am…
- I’ve been trying to help my sis prepare for her upcoming AP Human Geography exam… ugh APs… so glad I don’t have to do that. And it was kind of nice to not have classes this past semester. But I’m also looking forward to going back to school in the Fall.
- I pierced my ear again. I got my snug done. It apparently takes a super long time to heal, and the initial jewelry is specifically really long because my ear will apparently swell a lot. It has only swelled a little bit so far, but it is red and bruised. We’ll see how things go. I took this picture right after I got it done:
- I’m enjoying my time at home with my fam just kinda bumming around.
the state of the world is not a happy pie-eating celebration. Revolutions, riots, dictators, natural disasters, partial nuclear reactor meltdowns, possible full-on nuclear reactor meltdowns, radiation, displacement, death. And it’s only March.
But here’s a picture of a pie my roommate and I made a little while back:
Apparently, I need to post more. Well, I like lists, so here goes.
1. On Sunday, I woke up, and Smoky was sitting near me and staring at me. It seemed like he had a stuffy nose and was having trouble breathing. From there, it just got worse. He stopped eating because he couldn’t smell his food. He was lethargic and looked pathetic. It was sad. On Monday, we took him to the vet. We ended up having to force feed him food for the next couple of days, and we also left him at the vet while we were at work on Tuesday and Wednesday so the vet could feed him when we couldn’t. He’s finally getting better — eating again, being active, climbing up my leg, waking me up in the morning, etc.
2. I talked to my mentor at work and set up extending my intern appointment into the summer. So I’ll be here then, as well.
3. I’m going to watch Big Fish tonight with my roommate. Tomorrow, some other interns and I are going out to dinner and then going to see The King’s Speech. My roommate and I have also been watching a lot of Arrested Development — it’s great. Earlier we also saw 127 Hours, and it was very good. I also saw Black Swan with some of the interns, and I’m not really sure what I think about it. It was pretty messed up. I can’t say that I didn’t like it… but I also can’t quite say that I did like it. The only other Aronofsky film I’ve seen before is Requiem for a Dream, and I liked that one so much better — even though it was also really messed up.
4. It’s kinda cold here now. I know it’s definitely a lot colder at Colgate now. But I still don’t like it. I wish it would just get warmer.
5. My roommate and I have been making some good meals. I’ve enjoyed them. I’m glad I have more time and actually cook some things now.
So when we first saw Smoky at the shelter, they said it was a boy. Then, as we were about to leave, they told us they were actually mistaken and it was a girl. When we picked her up, they didn’t tell us anything different. This week, we’ve been calling Smoky a girl; although her parts didn’t exactly look like a girl’s might, but we thought maybe she was sowed up weird after being spayed. Today when we went to the vet, however, we finally got confirmation that Smoky is actually indeed a boy. Aghhh. Well, at least now we know. Haha.
Everyone seems to be getting a blog. Kate told me I should get one. Here it is I guess. Maybe I’ll have a more comprehensive post later. I probably won’t update this much but whatever.
Here are some quick updates about myself: - I’ve been here in TN for about 2 weeks. - My internship at Oak Ridge National Lab is going well. - I like my mentor, roommate, and all the other interns. - My apt is nice but has very little furniture. - It’s been kinda cold here but def not as bad as it would be at Colgate. - My roommate and I adopted a kitty today from the shelter, and we get to pick her up tomorrow. Yay so excited!!!
The Smoky Mountains.
The gray one on the left. I’ll get more pictures of her tomorrow.